Lydia Liebman Promotions accepts internship applications on a rolling basis! We’re looking for a music lover who is interested in public relations, promotion and new media. Interns will have the opportunity to work hands-on with established and upcoming artists, venues, record labels and media outlets.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Write and edit press releases and other materials
- Arrange appearances, interviews, special events and performance engagements
- Assist with mailing and production
- Manage social media and update the press reel
- Update contact database
- Attend special events, concerts, and meetings on a case-by-case basis
- Take part in ‘guerilla marketing’ for NY- based events
- Prior experience in PR, radio or music journalism is a plus, but not required
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop, iContact and social media platforms
- An interest in jazz music and knowledge of the New York jazz scene preferred, but not required
- Based in NY not required but strongly preferred
This internship is unpaid with the option of college credit.
Applicants can apply by emailing email@example.com. Please include a resume, cover letter and a press release writing sample. Subject line: INTERNSHIP.